As we advance further into the 21st century, technology is becoming more and more integrated into our society. Smart phones are now commonplace, tablets are replacing or substituting for computers and laptops, and social media has become second nature. The rapid and widespread adoption of these technological innovations has completely changed the way we conduct our daily lives, including how knowledge is digested and taught in our classrooms.
Here are some of the ways Morrison Education Center uses technology to benefit our students in the classroom every day:
- LearnBoost: Each student has the ability to track his or her progress online with our online gradebook. This website also has great features, such as a calendar keep track of important quiz and test dates.
- Dropbox: Students also have access to our MEC Dropbox which contains PowerPoint presentations for every lesson in addition to other helpful resources such as study guides, schedules and diagrams.
- Laptops: In the Dental Office Administration Course, each student is assigned a laptop to use while in class. This helps give our students hands on experience with various software programs, in addition to internet access for school projects.
- Social Media: We connect with past and present students through our numerous social media pages through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube!
- Dental Technology: Our students complete their internship in Morrison Dental Group’s state of the art dental facilities.
- For Fun! Sometimes we just need a good laugh so in case you missed it, here are the MEC instructors and Program Administrator singing “Walking on Sunshine”