Dental Assisting Course Information
Morrison Education Center offers a fast-paced, 11-week training course for students wishing to pursue a career as a Dental Assistant. Successful graduates will be granted a certificate from our school. Students will spend 8 hours per week in the classroom and lab. In addition, students will be required to complete 8 hours per week of internship hours.
Our classes cover multiple aspects of being a dental assistant. We also educate our students on how a dental office operates and the roles of all staff members to give the most well rounded educational background as possible. Topics include but are not limited to:
- Dental Insurance
- Tooth Anatomy
- Dental Instruments
- Study Models
- Four-Handed Dentistry
- Radiology – both digital and film radiographs
- Oral Surgery
- Office Management
Each Class Period is Divided Into Lecture and Lab, Where Students Are Able to Practice Their Skills.
Training is offered on two weekday evenings from 5:30-9:30pm for 11 weeks for a total of 22 class sessions in our Norge (Williamsburg) and Midlothian locations. Each class period is four hours in length, half of which is taught lecture style and the other is taught hands-on in the dental lab.
Training takes place in our state-of-the-art dental offices using advanced dental technology. Class sizes are kept small to allow time for questions, answers, and review with the instructors. The student will be given hands-on experience in all areas of dental assisting using the treatment rooms, laboratory, digital x-ray facilities, and office area. Each class session is divided into lecture and lab.
Students are required to complete 88 hours of internship, 8 hours per week. Students may choose to complete their weekly hours all in one working day or break it up into two 4 hour periods throughout the work week (Monday-Friday).
- Lecture: 44 hours
- Lab: 44 hours
- Internship: 88 hours
- Total: 176 hours
Our Dental Assisting course total cost is $4,575. This includes all necessary materials and learning aids including:
- CPR Certification
- X-Ray Certification
- Scrub top
- Instrument Book
- All lab supplies
- All internship supplies
- Instructional fees and tuition
- Job placement assistance
- Hands-On Internship Experience
- Access to MEC’s Alumni Network Facebook Page
Dental Assisting is taught in our Norge (Williamsburg, VA) and Midlothian locations on weeknights.
Our school is an all-inclusive program, which covers all fees, registration, administrative costs, and supply costs. Please see below for the breakdown of costs.
Total Cost: $4,575
$100 Application Fee – This fee is non-refundable.
$525 Lab Supply Fee – This fee is non-refundable once class begins.
$3,950 Tuition Fee
See below for down payment and payment options.
All students are required to make a minimum payment of the following on or before the orientation date. This down payment is what will secure your space in our class. Though you have until the term start date to pay the down payment, please remember that our class sizes are small and fill quickly.
$100 Application Fee
$525 Lab Supply Fee
$1,000 towards tuition
Deposit Due: $1,625
The remaining balance of $2,950 can then be broken into a payment plan. See below.
Students are able to pay their tuition either in full prior to the start of class or in weekly installments. Please see financing options below.
IMPORTANT: All students will be required to designate in writing on or before the first day of class, which form of payment they will be using. Morrison Education Center will provide students with a written contract to sign and designate their decision.
- Credit Card (Excludes American Express)
- Personal Check – Please make checks out to Morrison Education Center. Please also note that there is a $50 fee for returned checks.
- Cashier’s Check
- PayPal on the MEC Website – Having a PayPal account is not mandatory for this option.
- Care Credit and Wells Fargo Financing – Both companies are third parties that act as a loan. This agreement is made between the student and the third party. Students must apply to Care Credit or Wells Fargo and submit payment prior to the first day of class. Please also see the bottom of the page for a Care Credit Payment Calculator or call MEC for further assistance.
- My CAA – Military spouses may be eligible for up to $4,000 in scholarship funds through My CAA. Please contact us for more information.
- Local Scholarships and Grants – Please contact MEC for more information.
*Students who pay in full via CASH or CHECK will receive a $100 discount.
How to Make a Payment
Payments are accepted in our Norge location by phone or in person. Payments cannot be processed in our Midlothian location. Please mail all payment checks to:
Morrison Education Center
7151 Richmond Rd, Suite 306
Williamsburg Va 23188
Credit Cards may also be processed over the phone by calling (757) 818-4999.
Weekly, Bi-Weekly or Monthly Payments
Students are required to pay $1,625 prior to the start of class. Students who do not wish to pay the remainder in full will enter a payment plan with MEC. Please contact our Program Administrator for more information.
Withdraw / Refund Policy
Students may choose to withdraw from the program at any time. Morrison Education Center will use the below refund policy, depending on how much of the course has been taught to the student.
- Application Fee $100
- Lab Supply/Technology Fee $525.00 (Unless the student withdraws prior to the term start date, in which case the Lab Supply/Technology Fee is refundable.)
- Payment processing fees that the school incurs in order to process student payments such as credit card, PayPal, Care Credit, and Wells Fargo processing fees. Fees vary by company and payment amounts.
Tuition for students who elect to withdraw or are terminated from the program after class has started will be refunded or pro-rated according to the following calculations, less any nonrefundable fees:
|Percent of Course Taught||Tuition Refunded (if paid)||Tuition Owed to MEC|
|Less than 25%||75%||25%|
|More than 75%||No Refund||100%|
*Refunds will be paid within 45 days from when the student formally in writing notifies MEC of their withdraw.