Have you ever considered dental assisting for your career path? You may be wondering, why would I want to become a dental assistant?
We can tell you a few reasons why!
- It’s a fast paced work environment so you’ll never get bored.
- You get to help people gain confidence and find solutions to their pain.
- There are always new services and technologies that become available, so you’re always learning, and there’s always room for advancement.
- You get to meet new people every day and make new friends.
- You’ll wear comfortable scrubs every day!
- You’ll see a range of procedures, so every day will be a new adventure.
- Becoming a dental assistant is a great step in becoming a dental hygienist or even going on to dental school.
The main role of a dental assistant is to assist dentists during procedures. Though this is the primary role, dental assistants have many other roles that may vary depending on the dental office. Some of the things that you can expect to do if you choose to be a dental assistant are:
- Seating patients
- Helping patients feel comfortable
- Sterilizing instruments
- Taking and developing x-rays
- Scheduling patient appointments
- Taking impressions
- Assisting the dentist during procedures
- And many more!
Dental assistants generally work regular daytime hours which allows for ample time at home with family. The field of dental assisting is growing rapidly, and dentists will always have a need for assistants. The job is also extremely rewarding! You are able to help others and get to know new people every day. If you’ve never considered dental assisting, we encourage you to do so today!